Friday, December 9, 2011

Artist Statement

     When given this project for the final project many ideas came into my head. I started to reflect on all the past micro-projects that we have done. I then stated to piece together some of the main ideas of those projects. When reviewing the past projects one project really stuck out to me. The one project that really sparked my interest was micro-project 4 the superhero piece.

    Before making the project I had to brainstorm about what superheros wanted to use, and how I could could connect them. Then I came up with the idea to use superheros, and relate them to everyday people. When I thought about how these could be turned into pictures. I started out gathering people, and thinking about what super hero they could relate to. President Obama as Superman. Kimbo Slice as the Hulk. Usain Bolt as Flash. Wanted to show everyday people as modern superheros.

     When the project was completed I tried to capture the people and the superhero in a common stance. I wanted to show how the two related by performing similar acts.This was showed by Bolt running, and Obama in his suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment